23 Tourist Places In Odisha
Take a look at some of the best tourist places in Odisha. While some of these are known names, others are quite uncommon.
- Bhubaneswar – Land Of Beautiful Architecture
- Puri – Witness The Unique Sand Art
- Konark – Ancient Temples
- Cuttack – The Vintage City
- Bargarh – Explore The Mythological Treasures
- Jeypore – Gaze At The Famous Waterfall
- Barbil – See The Magnificent Waterfall
- Paradip – The Famous Sea Port
- Rourkela – One Of The Largest Cities
- Sambalpur – A Haven For Nature Lovers
- Chandipur – Home To Sea Turtles
- Pipli – The Town Known For Handicrafts
- Roopark Village – The Eco Friendly Resort
- Taptapani – The Hot Water Spring
- Atri – The Place To Relax
- Baripada – Cultural Centre Of Odisha
- Gopalpur – The Beautiful Port Town
- Berhampur – The Temple Town
- Dhauli – The Land Of Peace Pagoda
- Daringbadi – The Hill Town
- Talasari Beach – Relax Under The Sun
- Tikarpada Wildlife Sanctuary – Enjoy The Wilderness
- Rayagada – The Land Of Historical Gems
Justifying the extraordinaire, Odisha, the quiet and serene east part of India is a travel destination for those aspiring to see the elements that add up to make the country unique. Fringed by the Bay of Bengal on its eastmost side, Odisha is a lesser-known beach destination that by no means should stay a secret anymore. Home to a plethora of Hindu temples and surprisingly, Buddhist shrines, Odisha is tourism place that takes you back in the glorious time of Ashoka the Great. The architecture in this eastern state is one of the reasons to fall in love with but wait till you see the colossal chariot of Lord Jagannath, the articulate sand art by Sudarshan Patnaik, the lively tribal culture, and the surreal landscape.
Capital: Bhubaneswar Location: East India
BEST TIME TO VISIT ODISHA:
The months between November and February are perfect to plan a holiday to Odisha.
WHY VISIT ODISHA?:
For offbeat and less-crowded beaches, Jagannath Rath Yatra, pilgrimage (Chardham Yatra), tribal tourism, rural tourism, art & craft, fair & festival, wildlife, lakes (Chilika lake), waterfall, Oliver Ridley turtles, delectable cuisine.
24°C to 44°C
21°C to 35°C
10°C to 27°C
Popular Tourist Attractions in Odisha
With its lesser-explored beaches; one of the biggest religious pilgrimage; unheard hill stations; opulent wildlife population; and tribal charm, Odisha is truly an unmissable destination. Celebrate life and pay gratitude at different destinations in Odisha including the Jagannath Temple; be at awe of the Chandipur or Ayarpalli beaches; get thrilled with the rich wildlife of Simlipal and Bhitarkanika National; and also be mesmerized by the architectural grandiose of Konark Sun Temple. Odisha has so much for you to go back home with an impeccable experience.
Top Things to Do on Your Holiday to Odisha
Odisha has sea of opportunities for those wanting to give this destination in east India a try. The opulent state proffers unforgettable experiences. From offering an enthralling experience of exploring the wild to attaining peace of mind during a pilgrimage tour, and from losing oneself in the history of the state to basking on the surreal beaches, Odisha things to do list is overwhelming, and hence, one holiday cannot be enough here.